- RSS Channel Showcase 6951111
- RSS Channel Showcase 4554168
- RSS Channel Showcase 8262093
- RSS Channel Showcase 6841845
Articles on this Page
- 05/30/17--10:00: _Roasted Vegetable N...
- 06/05/17--10:00: _Tomato Corn Barley
- 06/08/17--10:00: _Fruit Fool
- 06/12/17--10:00: _Quinoa Taco Salad
- 06/16/17--10:00: _Cocoa Mascarpone Bars
- 06/19/17--10:00: _Zucchini Squash Pea...
- 06/22/17--10:00: _Vegan Blueberry Cru...
- 06/26/17--10:00: _Zucchini Noodles an...
- 06/29/17--10:00: _Black and White Ice...
- 07/03/17--10:00: _Grilled Sweet Potat...
- 07/10/17--10:00: _Three Bean Salad
- 07/13/17--10:00: _Sour Cherry Jam
- 07/17/17--10:00: _Blueberry Corn Salad
- 07/20/17--10:00: _Grilled Buttermilk ...
- 05/30/17--10:00: Roasted Vegetable Naan Flatbread
- 06/05/17--10:00: Tomato Corn Barley
- 06/08/17--10:00: Fruit Fool
- 06/12/17--10:00: Quinoa Taco Salad
- 06/16/17--10:00: Cocoa Mascarpone Bars
- 06/19/17--10:00: Zucchini Squash Pea Orzo
- 06/22/17--10:00: Vegan Blueberry Crumble Ice Cream
- 06/26/17--10:00: Zucchini Noodles and Cherry Tomatoes
- 06/29/17--10:00: Black and White Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 07/03/17--10:00: Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Pico de Gallo
- 07/10/17--10:00: Three Bean Salad
- 07/13/17--10:00: Sour Cherry Jam
- 07/17/17--10:00: Blueberry Corn Salad
- 07/20/17--10:00: Grilled Buttermilk Bread
My oven hasn’t been getting as much use now that it’s officially spring and unofficially summer. I’ve taken food prep to our back deck where I’ve been grilling all sorts of stuff from chicken to burgers to pizza. If I can put grill marks on it, I’m throwing it is straight on the grates. Another […]
The post Roasted Vegetable Naan Flatbread appeared first on .
Second to produce, the bulk section is my favorite department at the grocery. I never buy things in massive quantities. It’s actually the total opposite. I love that I can get smaller amounts, so I can shop per recipe instead of wasting valuable cabinet real estate with overstocked shelves. Then I am buying pantry ingredients […]
The post Tomato Corn Barley appeared first on .
Last week when I was doing my routine grocery trip I ran into a mom-friend. After chatting about the end of the school year and what our kids are doing this summer, she noticed that we had identical tall stacks of berry containers in our carts. We laughed that we both were going overboard on raspberries, […]
The post Fruit Fool appeared first on .
When I buy tortilla chips, they never last long, so I’ve stopped putting them on my shopping list. Between my husband and I, a single bag easily can be polished off in a day. Now they’re a treat and not a routine part of our weekly eating. Of course I miss those addictively salty, crunchy chips, but […]
The post Quinoa Taco Salad appeared first on .
Bars might be my favorite kind of cookie to make. Whipping up the batter takes no time at all, and then there is no fuss rolling out dough or using cookie cutters. Plus, the more lumpy and bumpy they look, the better. Once baked up nice and thick, they couldn’t be any easier to cut […]
The post Cocoa Mascarpone Bars appeared first on .
Things at the farmers market got serious on Saturday. I was at one of my favorite stands when I spotted containers of shelled fresh peas. The farmer gave very explicit instructions to consume the peas in 2 days or freeze them. I hadn’t planned on leaving with peas, but I was up for the challenge and […]
The post Zucchini Squash Pea Orzo appeared first on .
My ice cream consumption skyrockets in the summer. Hands down, it’s my dessert of choice. There’s an ice cream shop in our neighborhood that’s had a steady line outside the door for the last month or so. I like to alternate the indulgent, classic frozen treat with one that’s homemade and healthier like this vegan […]
The post Vegan Blueberry Crumble Ice Cream appeared first on .
Every year when tomato season is in full swing it becomes part of my daily routine to roast a sheet pan full of sliced tomatoes. It doesn’t matter the size, color or variety, I drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle on salt & pepper. Then they wrinkle a bit in the oven revealing their […]
The post Zucchini Noodles and Cherry Tomatoes appeared first on .
What’s your favorite summer sandwich? Mine is comprised of a thick layer of ice cream squashed between two cookies. Nothing beats an ice cream sandwich! They are the best way to use leftover homemade cookies, if you manage to save some, for that pint of ice cream stashed deep in the back of the freezer. […]
The post Black and White Ice Cream Sandwiches appeared first on .
I had given sweet potatoes the cold shoulder. Since last fall we were going steady. They got me through the bleakest moments of winter, but consumed by the joys of summer sun, I had totally forgotten about my once beloved root vegetable. When I realized how callous I’d been, I figured we were long overdue […]
The post Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Pico de Gallo appeared first on .
Sometimes you need a vacation after your actual vacation, or at the very least, a couple days to get back into the swing of things. With a three-year-old, the whole family needs that time to transition into reality. We spent the week of the 4th visiting family and playing in the sand at the beach. […]
The post Three Bean Salad appeared first on .
Last weekend a wave of laziness overcame my usual hyper-productive persona. Never one to shy away from a project, especially when it takes place in the kitchen, I just couldn’t find the motivation to do much with the containers of precious sour cherries that I bought at the farmers market. They weren’t on my list, […]
The post Sour Cherry Jam appeared first on .
Corn is one of those things that you absolutely have to eat in season. It just isn’t right outside of summer, so I’ve been eating my weight in corn. Most of the time it hasn’t been on the actual cob. My routine is to use a knife to slice off all the kernels and mix […]
The post Blueberry Corn Salad appeared first on .
With a partial quart of buttermilk in the fridge teetering on its expiration date, I knew I had to act fast. My freezer is over-stocked with more waffles than my family could ever consume, so I had to come up with something else. Layer cake? Cupcakes? But I wasn’t feeling ambitious enough to commit to […]
The post Grilled Buttermilk Bread appeared first on .